22 July, 2007

You know I didn't even know her name but I was never going to be the same...What a night.

I don't know what possessed me to wake up at this ungodly hour of the night and write. I mean, yes I know I have been slacking in the content department for a few days now but still, to have this urge to get up, wake up Lilith (my laptop for those who don't know) and log in still amazes me.

I guess there something intimate and introspective about bubble baths. I know I do my best thinking in the shower, especially when I'm soaking for extended periods of time. There really is nothing of utmost importance that is taking up all my undivided attention. Sure, there are some minor annoyances that we shall not discuss because I really do not feel like arguing with my sister. However, I guess it's just me thinking in general. I once read the following: "how does a girl who falls, no actually jumps eyes wide open, down a rabbit hole, plummeting into chaos come out unchanged?" The answer to that is she doesn't. And that's how I've been feeling lately with all these thing surmounting me. I mean, sure familial stuff will always be there and short of killing them off, it's not going to change. I guess I should take some comfort in the fact that the rest of the family doesn't believe them nor do they take any kind of pity/sympathy/empathy. And they all know what cloth they are cut out of. But in some ways, it doesn't. And I don't know why.

In other news, my paternal grandmother passed away on Monday, July 16th. While the waterworks weren't there, I did feel empathetic towards my father. No matter what may his mother may have done in the past, in the end, that was his mother.

Yesterday was rather relaxing and lazy. Played some Hexic Deluxe, watched a crap load of HBO Comedy whilst cuddling with MAG™. Then I headed off for a nice relaxing bubble bath/soak and did some "me" meditation. Quite, funny how when you're brutally honest with yourself, how liberated you feel in the end. And that, my friends, is the best feeling in the world. Sure, feeling like butter sure does sweeten the deal, no pun intended. I think I shall leave you with a gem my father used to quote all the time; "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" - Monty Python